Tomato and Basil Risotto. This is a luxurious summer risotto, with tomatoes both cooked along with the rice and added uncooked to the finished risotto. Add another ladleful of stock to the rice. Stir in the additional finely diced tomatoes, basil and Parmesan and remove from the heat.
Call it a journey to re-discover rice. Living in Asia, we've somehow taken rice for granted. We cook rice for our everyday meals but Risotto is an Italian rice dish. You can cook Tomato and Basil Risotto using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato and Basil Risotto
- You need 2 small of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 150 grams of ● Cooked rice.
- You need 350 ml of ● Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ● Soup stock granules.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ● Dried basil.
It is characterized by its creaminess which is achieved by adding broth little by little and mixing the rice often to coax the. This easy and classic Tomato Basil risotto is one of my favourite ways to enjoy beautiful Summer tomatoes and fresh basil. For me, I enjoy this risotto as a meatless main dish, which is in regular rotation. It also makes a great side-dish for just about anything you've got cooking on the BBQ.
Tomato and Basil Risotto instructions
- I used 150 g of rice, but you can use as much as you like..
- Take the stem off the tomatoes, and cut into wedges..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, stir fry the tomatoes with salt..
- When the tomatoes have wilted add the ● ingredients. Simmer over high heat until the tomatoes are soft. Take out the tomato skins and it's done..
Tomato-Basil Risotto is fresh and light, yet decadent and dreamy. This one pan recipe is delicious any time of year! If you love Italian food, give this sundried tomato and basil risotto recipe a try. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. This sundried tomato and basil risotto will be a hit with the whole family.