Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. Send The Gift Of Comfort Today. Soup, Rolls, And Cookies Delivered Anywhere! Send good wishes with homemade soups sent straight to their door.
Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. Sometimes they are pureed smooth, while other recipes call for the soup to be chunky. The tomatoes are usually mixed with a cream, broth or stock and can be topped with fresh basil or croutons, or even served with grilled cheese. You can cook Creamy Tomato Basil Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 medium of Red onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can of (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 4 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 bunch of Basil.
- It’s 1 of Parmesan cheese, for garnish.
Tomato soup is not only a traditional comfort food in American culture, but all over the world as well. Creamy Tomato Basil Soup is a rich and creamy soup using tomatoes, garlic, sauteed onions, fresh basil, and cream. I have been blogging at Modern Honey for almost two years. In some ways, it feels like it flew by and in other ways, it feels like a lifetime.
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup step by step
- Heat Olive oil over medium to low heat in Dutch oven or large pot. Once hot, add onions and season generously with salt. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until soft and starting to turn golden brown, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring to avoid burning garlic..
- Stir in tomatoes and chicken stock. Season generously with salt and pepper. Bring soup to a boil, then lower heat to maintain a simmer for at least 15 minutes..
- Purée mixture using an immersion blender or carefully transfer soup to a blender. If using blender return mixture to pot..
- Stir in the cream and basil and let it simmer for at least 15 minutes. If desired, you can simmer longer to reduce it down to a thicker consistency..
- Serve immediately, topped with Parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of pepper, and a chiffonade of basil..
Remove the basil and rosemary from the pot and discard. Either puree the soup in a blender or use a hand immersion blender to puree the soup until very smooth. Return the soup to the pot to rewarm and add the cream. Taste the soup and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve soup warm with garnish of choice.