Tomato Basil Soup. Cooked tomatoes and tomato juice are pureed with fresh basil leaves in this soup thickened with A restaurant near my house makes the best Tomato Basil soup, so I was looking for a recipe to imitate. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes!
Your kitchen will fill with the scent of roasting tomatoes, simmering thyme, and fresh basil. This vegan roasted tomato basil soup is Mediterranean Diet approved! Come in to my kitchen and let's make this together! You can cook Tomato Basil Soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- You need 600 grams of Firm Tomatoes.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of pepper.
- You need 1/4 Cup of packed Basil Leaves.
- Prepare 1 Cup of low sodium Veg Broth.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn Slurry Or Low fat Coconut Milk – Optional.
This tomato basil soup is easy to make and if you want to keep it vegan, leave the Parmesan rind out. Roasting the tomatoes brings out their sweetness and will make the tomatoes taste more like. This Easy Tomato Basil Soup is for those times when I am feeling virtuous and when I don't have much time. It is so incredibly easy to make and takes only about ten minutes from start to finish.
Tomato Basil Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 deg and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice tomatoes and garlic cloves into halves. Add them to bowl. Season them with Salt,pepper and olive Oil.
- Place them on baking tray and roast for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Blend tomatoes and garlic cloves until smooth and lump free.
- Add basil leaves and blend well.
- Add these mixture to deep bottom vessel.
- Add Oregano, Salt and Veg broth. Mix well. Quantity of broth depends on how thick or thin soup you want.
- Cook over low medium heat for 15 minutes.
- If you wish to have creamier soup,add corn slurry now. Instead of corn slurry if you wish to add coconut milk or low fat cream, then add them towards the end. This is entirely optional step. If adding it, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- You can always add any other seasonings if you desire.
- Serve hot. I have used Chia seeds and basil leaves to garnish..
This Homemade Tomato Basil Soup, however, tops my list. Made with simple ingredients like tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onions, and basil, you know exactly what you're eating when you enjoy a. Add salt, pepper, tomato paste, basil, crushed tomatoes, broth, baking soda, and thyme. Use an immersion or countertop blender to blend the soup until smooth. Top tomato-basil-soup-with-fresh-tomatoes recipes just for you.