Chocolate Vanilla Blocks Cake with Caramel Butter Cream.
You can cook Chocolate Vanilla Blocks Cake with Caramel Butter Cream using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Vanilla Blocks Cake with Caramel Butter Cream
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of Butter/margarine.
- It’s of large eggs.
- You need of Vanilla essence.
- It’s of cocoa powder.
- Prepare of For the topping:.
- You need of apricot jam, softened.
- You need of fresh cream.
- It’s of caramel.
- Prepare of Mixed seeds to decorate.
Chocolate Vanilla Blocks Cake with Caramel Butter Cream instructions
- Prepare the oven to 180°C. Grease two loaf tins. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the sponge cake (leave out the cocoa powder for later use). Using the electric hand mixer, blend everything together to a smooth battery, for about 3 minutes. Divide the batter in two equal halves and place the other in another bowl. Pour the cocoa powder into the other half and mix until all is incorporated and brown. Pour the two batters each into baking tins and bake for 50-60 minutes. Let it cool..
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, blend together the cream, caramel until doubled in size and thick. Then chill. Take the cool sponges and cut each one in half lengthwise, so you can have 2 long section of chocolate sponges and 2 long section of vanilla sponges. Brush all sides of each with melted jam..
- On a serving tray, place the chocolate and vanilla sponge, sandwich with a thick layer of the caramel cream inbetween and sides. Then place the remaining chocolate sponge on top of the vanilla sponge, then the vanilla on top of the chocolate, sandwich with caramel cream and all over the cake..
- Sprinkle with mixed seeds. Enjoy!.