Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook. Doesn't that sound like all of your dreams are coming true? Stir in the sweet potatoes and salt. This red lentil soup recipe is all about spices and flavors.
This soup recipe is sure to heal what ails you. Lentils are a great soure of fiber and protein. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. You can cook Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook
- Prepare 200 g of orange lentils.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- You need 50 g of fresh ginger, grated.
- You need 3 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s Pinch of each of turmeric and paprika.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 litre of water or stock. (I used chicken stock, but if you use vegetable stock the recipe is vegetarian/vegan).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Ginger-lentil soup is a perfect natural remedy for cold season. Also, read about how to boost turmeric absorption to get the best out of it. Please let me know in the comments below if you have any questions about ginger-lentil soup. Please tag me in social media whenever you try one of my recipes!
Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, then gently fry the onion until starting to soften..
- Add the carrot, garlic, ginger and spices, fry for a few minutes more..
- Add the lentils, stock/water and tomatoes. Simmer gently until the lentils are soft (approx 15 – 20 minutes.).
- Cook until the lentils are starting to get a little soft. The soup is ready and can be served just as it is.
- Or can be blended with a stick blender and be served as a smoother soup..
Soups And Stews, Brown Lentil, Ginger, Dinner, Appetizer, Main Course, Side Dish, Winter, Vegan, Vegetarian. This gingery Coconut Lentil Soup is a warm, feel-good winter soup that is as healthy as it is delicious. Season then bring to the boil. This lentil soup is simple and straightforward. They're a speckled green and cook up plump and with a touch of crunch.