Courgetti and Meatballs. Use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to make spaghetti-like 'noodles', then top with pork meatballs and a garlicky, creamy. Make meatballs using hands, or scoop. A lighter alternative to regular meatballs, these turkey meatballs are tender and delicious!
This flavourful dish of Italian meatballs has a healthy twist by using courgette ribbons instead of pasta — an easy way to reduce calories. If you don't have a spiralizer at home, you can buy ready prepared courgetti in most supermarkets. Alternatively, use a Y-shaped peeler to peel the courgettes into. You can have Courgetti and Meatballs using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Courgetti and Meatballs
- It’s 200 g of meatballs (lamb or beef).
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, 2 whole and unpeeled, 2 crushed.
- You need 2 of large courgettes.
- You need 4 tbsp of créme fraiche.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon zest.
- Prepare 30 g of pine nuts.
- It’s handful of basil.
- Prepare of grated parmesan.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of vegetable oil (for frying).
Healthy, easy and delicious, you're guaranteed to win your friends over with these courgette spaghetti & turkey meatballs. Courgette Spaghetti is a great healthy alternative to regular spaghetti in this tasty evening meal. Homemade meatballs and courgetti. paulalexanderjones Juicy pork and beef meatballs covered in a fresh and herby tomato sauce. Check out my recipe for Zucchini (or Courgette depending on where you live!) Noodles with Meatballs over on Less Than Perfect Parents today.
Courgetti and Meatballs step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6..
- Toast your pine nuts in a frying pan. Don't use any oil and keep them on for 2-3 mins, until golden. Remove them from the pan and set aside for later..
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan, add the meatballs and fry for 10-15 mins until golden brown..
- Meanwhile, tip the tomatoes into a roasting tin with the whole garlic cloves and the a glug or two of olive oil. Season and roll around the tin until well coated in oil. Roast for 15 mins..
- While the meatballs and tomatoes cook, use a spiraliser or julienne peeler to noodlify your courgettes..
- Once the meatballs have cooked, tip them into the roasting tin with the tomatoes. Fish out the garlic from the roasting tin and set aside. If you feel like your tomatoes need a bit longer to roast, you can return the tin (meatballs included) to the oven for as long as needed..
- Get a fresh frying pan (or wash the old one). Heat another 1 tbsp oil in the pan, squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins into the pan and mash with a fork..
- Once the pan is sizzling, add the crème fraîche, lemon zest and some seasoning. Add the courgetti and toss in the pan for 30 secs until warmed through. Don't leave it any longer or the courgette will wilt..
- Remove the pan from the heat, and tip in the meatballs, tomatoes and any juices from the tin. Toss together and scatter with pine nuts, basil and Parmesan..
Zo maak je courgetti & meatballs. Leg de courgetti in een vergiet en strooi er een halve theelepel zout overheen. Dit onttrekt vocht aan de courgette, zodat je. Remove the ends of the courgettes and prepare the courgetti noodles using a spiralizer (our Spiro hand-held spiralizer. Put the meatballs in an oven dish and cover in the tomato sauce, but leave the tops visible.