Chastain's Salisbury Steak.
You can cook Chastain's Salisbury Steak using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chastain's Salisbury Steak
- It’s 1 lb of ground hamburger meat.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 2 can of campbells beefy mushroom soup.
Chastain's Salisbury Steak step by step
- Combine meat, egg, breadcrumbs.
- Dice or slice onion and combine that also..
- Pat out as many patties as you want.
- Warm up your skillet, add a little veggie oil if your meat is really lean..
- Throw the patties into the pan and cook them for a few minutes on each side, you want to brown them but don't worry about cooking them all the way through yet..
- Pull the patties out and set them aside for a minute..
- Now turn your heat down and throw your onions and mushrooms into the pan and cook those up. Damn these smell good..
- Once the mushrooms and onions are cooked add the two cans of soup and the burger patties back into the pan. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or however long it takes to finish cooking the meat!.
- Eat it with your face..