Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake. This classic vegan victoria sponge cake is so simple to make, just one bowl and step-by-step photos. Deliciously light and moist with no weird ingredients! What could be more quintessentially British than a slice of Victoria Sponge cake and a nice cup of tea?
For the most part, the majority of. Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake may not be the most searched dessert but it doesn't take away from this phenomenally delicious cake. Definitely worth the effort making it for a loved one. You can cook Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake
- It’s of For The Sponge.
- Prepare of Self – Raising Flour, plus extra for dusting.
- It’s of Bicarbonate of Soda.
- You need of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare of Sunflower Oil.
- It’s of Almond Milk or Soya Milk.
- It’s of Golden Syrup.
- Prepare of Vanilla Extract.
- You need of Strawberry or Raspberry Jam.
- You need of Strawberries, halved or quartered for decorating.
- It’s of For The Vegan Buttercream.
- It’s of Dairy – Free Spread, plus extra for greasing.
- Prepare of Icing Sugar, sifted.
- It’s of Vanilla Extract.
All the best, Dave & Steve. The Victoria Sponge Cake apparently originated during the Renaissance and was a cake that relied on eggs. Traditionally eaten with a fruit jam and whipped cream, it's a common favourite that is very easy to make vegan. The texture of this vegan victoria sponge cake is just as soft and fluffy as the.
Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Grease and flour the sides and line the base of 2 x 23cm loose-bottomed cake tins..
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a large mixing bowl and mix together. Whisk together the sunflower oil, milk, syrup and vanilla in a jug and pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, then whisk using a hand-blender for 2 mins until thick and creamy..
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tins and bake for 35–45 mins until risen and cooked through. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 mins in the tin, then remove and leave to cool completely on a wire rack..
- While the cakes are cooling, make the filling: beat together the spread, icing sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl, cover and leave to firm up in the fridge until needed..
- Spread the jam evenly over one half of the cake, followed by two-thirds of the cream mixture. Top with the second cake, spread the remaining cream on top and decorate with the strawberries..
Treat friends and family to a Victoria sponge cake made with vegan ingredients. Put half of the vanilla seeds and all the other cake ingredients into a large bowl then pour over the milk mixture. Using electric beaters or a wooden spoon, beat everything together until smooth. This vegan Victoria sponge is sandwiched together in the classic style with a dairy-free buttercream, and raspberry or strawberry jam. This vegan Victoria sponge is light, fluffy and tastes just like the classic version!