You can cook Artisan Bread using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Artisan Bread
- It’s 3 cup of bread flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cool water.
- It’s 1 of additional flour for dusting.
- It’s of Baking parchment.
- It’s 1 cup of boiling water.
Artisan Bread instructions
- In medium bowl stir together flour salt and yeast.
- Add the water and mix thoroughly. You will have a wet sticky dough..
- Cover this with plastic and lets it rise 18 to 20 hours. Do not refrigerate..
- You will know it's ready when you see small bubbles on the surface of the dough and it will have doubled in size..
- After the dough has risen scrape the dough out of the bowl in one piece and dust the surface of the dough with flour. Flip it around a time or two, adding flour as needed until it is fairly dry. Then nudge the dough into 12 to 14 inch square..
- Fold the dough in half about ten or twelve times adding flour on your folding surface as you go and the flour is absorbed–do this until it is of a firm consistency. Once the dough is "doughlike"..
- Place the dough in a warm spot and cover with a clean cloth and let rise for one to two hours more..
- Preheat oven to 475°F..
- For a crackly Artisan crust you will have to create a steam oven. This is done by placing a metal pan such as a baking sheet (with rim) in the oven during pre heat so that it heats up with the oven..
- Once the oven is pre-heated put a sheet of baking parchment onto a baking sheet. Bring one cup of water to a boil..
- Now dust the baking parchment with flour and divide the dough into two pieces. Stretch them to about 12 inches and place them on the baking sheet..
- Put the dough into the oven and let it bake for a minute or two. After a minute or so very carefully, but quickly, pour the boiling water onto the metal pan below which has been heating on the lower rack of the oven–and quickly close the door of the oven to trap the steam. Be very careful because this will create very hot steam..
- Let bake for approximately 20 minutes or until crust of bread is golden brown..
- Enjoy the smell!.