Sevpuri sandwich. Hey friends, this is a new kind of Sandwich recipe in town. You must try out the amazing dish. Hello friends, a unique street food of mumbai,matunga.sevpuri sandwich,sevpuri toast sandwich or sevpuri grilled sandwich.tasty combination of sevpuri and.
INGREDIENTS: Puri,Sev Monaco Biscuits, Tomato,Potato, Coriander Leaves, Oregano,Chilli Flakes, Mayonnaise, Chaat Masala, Khajur-Imali Chutney. Mumbai's Matunga area is famous for a unique combination of Sev Puri and Sandwich known as Sev Puri Sandwich of Gupta Chaat Bhandar. Sev puri recipe With step by step photos and video. You can cook Sevpuri sandwich using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sevpuri sandwich
- You need 8 slices of bread (brown/ white).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 16 of wheat small puris.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled, chopped potato.
- You need 1 of big onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thick red khajur chutney.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of spicy garlic chutney.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green sandwich chutney.
- It’s of For Garnish.
- You need of Besan Sev.
- Prepare of Chana daal namkeen.
- Prepare of Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Prepare of To serve:.
- Prepare of Green coriander chutney.
- Prepare of Potato chips (wafer).
It is easy to assemble Sev puri. just that some of the ingredients need to be prepped up before you start assembling them. It serves sev puri sandwich and Hershey's sandwich. How about you try both together at this popular chaat counter in Matunga? Sev puri recipe with video & step by step photos.
Sevpuri sandwich step by step
- For red khajur chutney..boil 1/2 cup seedless dates.Cool and add in mixer grinder jar,add salt,1/2 tsp red chilli powder,1/4 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder,1/2 tsp lemon juice.. grind to make smooth paste…add little water to make thick consistency pouring chutney. Keep aside..
- For spicy garlic chutney..peel one whole garlic pod, add in mixer grinder jar with 1 tsp red chilli powder,salt grind to smooth paste,add little water to make thick consistency pouring chutney. Keep aside..
- For green sandwich chutney..first in mixer grinder jar grind 2-3 green chillies,1" ginger and 1 tbsp peanuts with salt to coarse paste.Add 1 cup chopped green coriander leaves and 1/2 cup chopped spinach leaves,1/2 lemon juice,grind to smooth paste add little water to make smooth…keep aside.
- Peel and chop onion finely. Peel boiled potatoes and roughly chopped into small pieces. Keep all ingredients required ready to make Sevpuri sandwich..
- Now to assemble….for 1 sandwich….First roast 2 slices of bread with 1 tbsp of butter..on both sides..
- On one roasted buttered bread slice.. arrange 4 wheat puris,on each puris place finely chopped onion pieces,on it place chopped potato pieces as shown..
- On each prepared puris..pour 1 tbsp red khajur chutney..
- Now pour 1 tbsp spicy garlic chutney as shown..
- Cover with other toasted bread slice..
- On it spread green sandwich chutney..as shown..cut into 4-6 pieces..with sharp knife..
- Sprinkle besan sev, fried chana daal namkeen, chopped coriander similarly prepared all other Sevpuri Sandwiches..
- Serve/ Relish Sevpuri Sandwich with green coriander chutney and potato chips (wafer)..
Sev puri is yet another street food popular across India. Sev Puri recipe – a popular street food originating from the streets of Mumbai. A popular Mumbai street food, Sev Puri is a sweet, spicy and tangy chaat. Sev Puri is made with crispy puri topped with potatoes, onions, tomatoes and a variety of chutneys. This sev puri recipe comes from the Mumbai streets.