Sweet Potato Anpan Buns for Autumn. Amazing homemade Anpan recipe, classic Japanese pastry with sweet red bean paste wrapped inside soft bread. It's no secret that I absolutely love anko (red bean paste), and I love this Japanese bun that has a hint of sweetness, wrapped in a soft delicious bun. Amazing homemade Anpan recipe, classic Japanese pastry with sweet red bean paste wrapped inside soft bread.
I love sweet potatoes, so I made this filled bread. Great recipe for Sweet Potato Anpan Buns for Autumn. The Best Black Sesame Steamed Buns 最好的黑芝麻包. You can cook Sweet Potato Anpan Buns for Autumn using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Anpan Buns for Autumn
- It’s of Bread dough.
- You need 200 grams of Bread flour.
- Prepare 10 grams of Sugar.
- You need 4 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 10 grams of Skim milk powder.
- You need 4 grams of Yeast.
- You need 20 grams of Egg.
- Prepare 80 ml of Water.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 15 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Sweet Potato Filling.
- Prepare 250 of grams.
Great recipe for Sweet Potato Anpan Buns for Autumn. I love sweet potatoes, so I made this filled bread. Anpan is Japanese Red Bean Bun, made of soft sweet bread stuffed with a sweet red bean paste filling. These make a delicious snack or on-the-go breakfast that will pair perfectly with a Matcha Latte.
Sweet Potato Anpan Buns for Autumn instructions
- Refer tofor the sweet potato filling. Separate it into seven 35 g portions. You can cover the leftovers with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156283-smooth-sweet-potato-cream.
- Prepare bread dough. Combine all the ingredients except for the butter in a bowl and knead. Once the dough comes together, add in the butter and knead..
- Make it into a ball and let the dough rise until it doubled in size. Once it's done, divide into seven portions, form into balls and let them set for 20 minutes..
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and one by one, add the filling that you made in step one and fold it in. Arrange on parchment paper for the second rising..
- You can bake them as is and they will still be delicious, but if you want to make them look like how they are in my picture, take some black sesame seeds and sprinkle them on a baking sheet or tray, and then add the dough and bake..
- In a preheated oven, bake for 13-15 minutes at 350℉ (180℃)..
- The middle of each bun is full of sweet potato filling..
Back in the day when I was in college just a few years back (not really), we used to frequent an Asian. Some Anpan (Sakura Anpan) use salt-preserved cherry blossom as a garnish placed on top of the bun in the centre and pressed in to form a 'belly button'. YW SD Spelt and White Whole Wheat Miche. Lavender&Honey Levain with Salt Crusted Crust. Anpan is a Japanese sweet bun commonly filled with red bean paste (Anko).