Hazelnut Layer Cake with Hazelnut Cream Frosting. Made of a rich chocolate cake, creamy hazelnut frosting, and chocolate ganache, this fudgy chocolate hazelnut layer cake is the ultimate treat for any celebration. Since all the layers of the cake are fudgy and creamy, adding some crunch by using chopped hazelnuts makes it even better. Reduce heat to medium-low, add the sugar and cream Spread equal amounts of the hazelnut filling between each layer and frost top and sides of cake.
Start with a chocolate hazelnut spread, like Hershey's new Spreads. Mix that together with some softened cream cheese and. And when making layer cakes, I actually weigh each cake pan when dividing the batter to […] This Italian Pistachio Cake with Roasted Plum Frosting matches the perfect toasty flavor of the pistachios with the sweet and tangy flavor of the naturally colored pink plum frosting. You can cook Hazelnut Layer Cake with Hazelnut Cream Frosting using 23 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hazelnut Layer Cake with Hazelnut Cream Frosting
- Prepare of For Vanilla Hazelnut Cake.
- Prepare of cake flopur.
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s of . cup granulated sugar.
- Prepare of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s of whole milk.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of hazelnut extract.
- It’s of For Hazelnut Cream Frosting.
- It’s of cold heavy cream.
- It’s of marscapone cheese, at room temperature.
- You need of nutella hazelnut spread, at room tempersture.
- Prepare of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of For Garnish.
- Prepare of cocoa powder for sprinkling.
- Prepare of Roasted hazelnuts aa needed.
- Prepare of white chocolate shavings.
- You need of For Garnish.
- You need of Roasted hazelnuts aa needed.
- It’s of white chocolate shavings.
Give coffee cake the ultimate upgrade – layer with chocolate hazelnut frosting, add a creamy topping and sprinkle with crushed nuts. Make the batter first Sift baking powder together with the flour. Whip up the egg whites with salt and half of sugar. This elegant Austro-Hungarian hazelnut torte recipe is made with a nut sponge cake filled with caramelized almond whipped cream.
Hazelnut Layer Cake with Hazelnut Cream Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10 inch, a 8 inch and a 6 inche cake pans with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture alternating with milk beating just until smooth then add eggs and bea just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared o ans so that they all are the same height about 1 inch in each oan. You want the layers about the same height. Note my 10 inch pan seems to big but it's just because of its high sides.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out just clean. The times will be slightly different for each pan. The 6 inch will take about 10 minutes, the 8 inch about 11 to 13 minutes and the 10 inch about 13 to 16 minutes. Cool on racks in pans 10,inutes then remove from pans to cool completely before frosting.
- Make Hazelnut Cream Frosting.
- In a bowl beat nutella and marscapone until smooth.
- In another large bowl beat cream until it starts to thicken, add sugar and vanilla and beat until it holds its shspe.
- Fold nutella/marscapone into whipped cream in 3 additions until uniform in color.
- Assemble Cake.
- Place 10 inch cake layer on a platter bottom up.
- Frost with the hazelnut cream.
- Center the 8 inch cake layer on the 10 inch layer, bottom up.
- Frost with more hazelnut cream.
- Finally center the 6 inch layer on the 8 inch layer and frost with more hazelnut cream. Neater up the whole cake with remaing frosting.
- Sprinkle top with cocoa powder then decorate with whole roasted hazelnuts and white chocolate shavings. Chill at least 2 hours before slicing.
Still, if hazelnuts are too expensive or unavailable in your area, filberts can be substituted in this recipe with good results. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, and hazelnut. This rich gluten-free cake is made with ground hazelnuts instead of flour, topped with whipped cream and chopped toasted hazelnuts. Whip the cream until stiff, and spread generously between layers, on top and on the sides of the cake. In a food processor process the toasted.