Salisbury Steak. Hamburger salisbury steak with gravy is a classic dinner that is inexpensive and so easy to make. Find the best recipes here! #salisburysteak #homemade #comfortfood The Wolfe Pit shows you How To Make Salisbury Steak. The Ultimate Classic Comfort Food. (Redirected from Salisbury Steak).
Treat your family to Ree Drummond's Salisbury Steak recipe from The Pioneer Woman on Food Network; smother the beef patties in gravy for a rib-sticking meal. This is our favorite salisbury steak recipe. I always make enough extra sauce to serve over potatoes. You can have Salisbury Steak using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- You need 2 cups of low sodium beef broth.
- You need 1 tbs of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare to taste of additional salt and pepper.
Tastes like it took all day to cook. A Salisbury steak isn't really a kind of steak; it's more like a hamburger patty that got dressed up for a special occasion. Today, it's mostly associated with TV dinners, but it doesn't have to be something. Easy Salisbury Steak is one of our favorite go-to meals.
Salisbury Steak instructions
- In a large bowl blend first 9 ingredients by hand until well combined. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties about 1/2-3/4 inch thick (their diameter should be about 3 inches)..
- Place patties in a single layer on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hr. Remove patties from fridge about 15 minutes before you're ready to cook..
- Heat a large, deep sided skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Swirl to coat skillet. As soon as butter is melted place patties in skillet distributed evenly, edges not touching. Sear 3-4 minutes per side, but not cooking through..
- When both sides are seared transfer patties to a plate and set aside. Do not drain fat from skillet. Wisk flour into fat. Allow to cook about 1 minute. Wisk in beef broth ensuring no clumps form..
- Bring gravy to a simmer wisking frequently. When gravy simmers wisk in worcestershire sauce. Continue simmering until gravy begins to thicken. About 5 minutes. Carefully taste and add salt and pepper to personal taste..
- Return patties to skillet, turning once to coat in gravy. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and allow to gently simmer about 10 minutes. Flip patties. Cover, turn heat to low and let sit 10 minutes more. This is allowing the patties to soak up some of that gravy flavor while they finish cooking..
- Your gravy should be on the thin side for this dish. Serve with mashed potatoes (or cauliflower, yum!). Drizzle gravy over patties and potatoes. Enjoy!.
- See notes and tips below ⤵.
- Tip: Form patties with edges slightly thicker than the center to avoid the "domed" effect of cooked beef patties..
- The hour in the fridge is to allow time for the flavors to really blend and develop. If you want to skip this step that is perfectly fine. The flavors just won't be quite as bold..
- It is important to not touch or move patties around in skillet until it is time to flip them in order to form that nice crisp, caramelized sear on the meat..
It is pure comfort food that is so simple to make! With just a few simple ingredients (that you probably already have sitting around in your kitchen. Reimagine salisbury steak by making them into meatballs and tossing them in deliciously buttery egg noodles. The site may earn a commission on some products. Best Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy – A hearty Classic Meal!