Light Fruit Cake. Although not a proper British Fruit Cake, this Light Fruit Cake should not be ignored. It has lots of what I consider the best part of a fruit cake, candied fruit. Light Fruit Cake: If desired, in a bowl combine the candied mixed peel, cherries, and dark raisins.
It has a delicious and festive blend of flavors that's perfect for this. Light Fruit Cake (轻杂果蛋糕） – Guai Shu Shu. This makes the top tier of a three tier wedding cake, or make it alone for christenings, Christmas, or whenever you need a good, lighter, fruit cake. You can cook Light Fruit Cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Light Fruit Cake
- Prepare 3/4 cup (120 grams) of candied mixed peel.
- It’s 1/2 cup (100 grams) of candied red or green cherries (cut into quarters).
- It’s 1/3 cup (40 grams) of dark raisins.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of Grand Marnier, rum, brandy, or sherry (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup (100 grams) of granulated white sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs, room temperature.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pure almond extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup (50 grams) of ground almonds (almond meal/flour).
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoons of salt.
- You need of Zest of one small lemon (outer skin).
- Prepare 1/4 cup (60 ml) of milk (whole or reduced fat).
- You need of Some flaked almonds for decoration.
This Fruit Cake recipe is my new favourite. Not too rich, it is still fruity and absolutely delicious. Light but still fruity, it is full of all the flavours of a dark fruit cake but without the richness. This Light Fruit Cake Recipe is taken from Eric's Lanlard's Baking Mad masterclasses held at his cookery school Cake-Boy and can also be found in his delicious cook book 'Home Bake'.
Light Fruit Cake instructions
- In a large bowl, combine candied mixed peel, cherries, and dark raisins. Mix well. Stir in the brandy to coat the fruit. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 day(up to 2 days) to macerate the fruit, stirring occasionally..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl, whisk dried ingredients together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest..
- In a large bowl of stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light and creamy. Beat in the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure ingredients are all incorporated. Beat 1 additional minute..
- Beat in the extracts. Add the candied and dried fruits, along with any juices, and beat until incorporated. Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add almond flour, then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and, if desired, decorate the top of the cake with flaked almonds..
- Bake for about 60 – 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if you find the cake is browning too much! Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool down in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve..
Christmas Muffins or Light Fruit Cake (圣诞马芬） – Guai Shu Shu. Our most trusted Light Fruit Cake recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Cool on cake rack until thoroughly cold. Wrap in foil and store in cake tins.