Health bread using a bread machine. The bread machine is the perfect appliance for everyone else — those who love the smell and taste of freshly baked bread and rolls, but don't have the need to knead. But if you're going to start your bread machine right away instead of using a timer, you can replace the water with milk or buttermilk. Since I'm using old bread machine set on medium crust-white bread, the first time I tried this, the bread fell.
Follow the instructions for your bread machine regarding order of loading ingredients. The important thing is to keep the yeast away from the liquid and the salt until the bread-making begins. Bread Machines- use ½ tsp Instant yeast (or ¾ tsp Active Dry yeast) per cup of flour in your recipe. You can have Health bread using a bread machine using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Health bread using a bread machine
- You need 1 cup of white bread flour.
- You need 2 cups of wholewheat flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of coffee.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of unsweetened coco powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of instant yeast powder.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed seeds.
In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. You'll love using a bread machine to knead dough because it's quick and efficient. If you love homemade bread you need, I mean you NEED, a bread machine.
Health bread using a bread machine step by step
- Place all the ingredients in the bread machine in the order suggested by your manufacturer (mine layers the liquid first and yeast last).
- Set machine to dough and let it do its job.
- Once it's done, remove the dough. You can then put it into a bread pan that has been greased or you can make a round loaf or you can plait as I did in the photo. If you want to plait, cut the dough into 3 with a large knife. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a sausage and then plait..
- Sprinkle seeds on top of loaf and spray with a bit of water to keep moist. Cover and leave it in a warm place to rise for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for approximately 40 minutes in the middle shelf. Check on the bread at 35 minutes to ensure the crust isn't getting too dark..
- Allow to cool before slicing.
You just put the ingredients in the mixing pan and either forget it until it's baking (oh, the scent of baking bread) or until the last rising. Bread machines are designed to be used with baking yeast, but you can still use a bread machine to make sourdough. Most bread machines are designed to work with breads leavened with commercial yeast, and therefore are programmed for a short and consistent rising period. Yeast used in a bread machine should always be labeled "Active Dry" on the label. Sometimes you can buy yeast in a jar that says it is specifically for bread machines.