Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. Cream of Turkey & Wild Rice Soup. Got leftover cooked chicken or turkey? Cook up a pot of soup!
I also added mushrooms and a can of cream of chicken. From creamy split pea soup to spicy chili to nourishing chicken noodle soup, you're sure to find the perfect soup. This is a healthier twist on a classic creamy turkey and wild rice soup that hails from Minnesota. You can cook Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
- It’s 5 cups of shredded left over turkey.
- You need 5 of celery stalks, sliced thin.
- It’s 3 of large carrots, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- It’s 1 of lg sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 qt of whipping cream.
- It’s 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- You need 8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- You need 1 sprig of each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced.
- Prepare 4 of servings of prepared wild rice.
- Prepare of Texas toast.
Serve with a crisp romaine salad and whole-grain Add rice and reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in turkey (or chicken), sour cream and parsley and. Serve this turkey wild rice soup with a nice, crispy romaine salad and a loaf of crusty bread for a complete meal. Lots of turkey leftovers, of course, so I decided to give it a go.
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice step by step
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces..
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy..
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through..
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
I used a wild rice brown rice mix and added that, then also only used one cup of heavy cream because I was low on milk. Add the chicken broth, turkey, and Bell's seasoning. Bring to a boil then add the rice. Add the parsley and any additional seasonings as necessary. Chef Thad from Michele's Restaurant in Stevens Point, WI prepare Cream of Turkey Wild Rice Soup with a Wild Wisconsin Bird shot by the Stankowski Boy's!