Wicked Thai chicken soup.
You can cook Wicked Thai chicken soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wicked Thai chicken soup
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of container fresh mushrooms (chopped or sliced) I use cremini.
- You need of medium onion, finely chopped.
- You need of red pepper, diced.
- You need of minced garlic.
- You need of chicken broth.
- Prepare of chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- You need of chopped lemongrass (see note above).
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of half and half cream.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- You need of Thai red curry paste.
- It’s of chilli garlic sauce.
- Prepare of tomato paste (156 ml or 5.5 oz).
- Prepare of water.
- You need of cornstarch.
- Prepare of rice, (cooked).
- You need of chopped cilantro for garnish if you'd like.
Wicked Thai chicken soup instructions
- If rice is not already cooked, prepare according to package directions.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large dutch oven or pot on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add chopped or sliced mushrooms and cook until tender and golden in colour. Remove mushrooms from the pot and set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook until onions are soft and translucent..
- Add mushrooms back to the dutch oven along with chicken stock, chicken, lemongrass, fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt..
- Bring mixture to a boil then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes..
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the half and half and coconut milk. DO NOT boil after this step..
- Place lid on the dutch oven or pot and allow to cook on low for an additional 5 minutes..
- In a small bowl, combine the Thai red curry paste, chill garlic sauce, tomato paste, water and cornstarch. Whisk to a smooth consistently..
- Add curry mixture to the soup and stir until soup is slightly thickened and fragrant, roughly another 10 minutes or so..
- Add rice to the pot and stir to combine. Garnish with cilantro if you'd like. Serve and enjoy!!.