Moist and Soft Cocoa Chiffon Cake.
You can have Moist and Soft Cocoa Chiffon Cake using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moist and Soft Cocoa Chiffon Cake
- Prepare of Egg white (Large).
- Prepare of drops Lemon juice.
- You need of [A] Sugar.
- Prepare of [A] Cornstarch.
- Prepare of [B] Egg yolk (Large).
- Prepare of [B] Sugar.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Milk.
- Prepare of [C] Cake flour.
- You need of [C] Cocoa powder.
- You need of [C] Baking powder.
Moist and Soft Cocoa Chiffon Cake step by step
- Whisk egg white and lemon juice in a bowl. Add the mixed together [A] ingredients in three separate amounts and beat until a soft peak forms. Please be careful not to over whisk..
- Place [B] in another bowl and mix over boiling water until white and thick and the sugar dissolves into the mixture. Mix it over heat. Then add a little vegetable oil and then milk alternately and whisk some more..
- Add the sifted [C] ingredients and mix with a whisk, making a large circle..
- Your batter should be ready for the next step once the flour disappears in the mixture, like in this picture..
- Now add 1/3 of meringue into this batter and mix with a whisk in a cutting motion..
- Then transfer this into the remaining meringue. Combine gently with a rubber spatula..
- Mix from the bottom of the bowl to the top. Do not knead. Please be quick. The cocoa powder makes it difficult to retain the tiny air bubbles in the meringue..
- Pour the batter into the chiffon cake pan – working from further away towards you. Doing so makes it more easy to spread the batter in the mold evenly..
- Tap the mold on the kitchen counter to release any bigger bubbles in the batter. Support with your hands so as not to spill the batter..
- Bake in a preheated 170℃ oven for about 40 minutes. Once it is baked, turn it over and allow to cool..
- As the cake cools slightly, cover with a plastic bag to prevent drying out..
- Remove from the pan once it has cooled completely. Run a palette knife around the cake between the cake and mold to remove..
- Once you have removed the outer mold, you can remove the base..
- Turn over the cake onto a plate and remove the inner base mold..
- Slice into desired size and serve with whipped cream..