Lemony chicken and rice soup(Avgolemono). Avgolemono soup is a simple, gluten-free Greek soup of lemon, egg, chicken and rice. Avgolemono is even better after it Order the lemony chicken soup? They were in the midst of one of those lunches when Dad walked in one snowy winter day, put his hands on Louise's.
This Lemon Rice and Chicken Soup also known as Avgolemono is a classic Greek soup thickened with eggs, loaded with rice, chicken and flavored with lots of lemon. Avgolemono is a Greek lemon, rice, and chicken soup. Lemon and egg: Depending on how much you like lemony flavors, use the following guide below for quantities of lemon and eggs. You can have Lemony chicken and rice soup(Avgolemono) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemony chicken and rice soup(Avgolemono)
- It’s 1 kg of Chicken.
- You need 1 of medium Carrot cut into large piece.
- It’s 1 of medium small leak white pale part only.
- You need 1 of small Onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt to taste or according to taste.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of fresh Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Rice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Freshly ground black Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli flakes (optional).
- You need As required of Olive oil for serving.
This deliciously flavorful Avgolemono – Greek Chicken, Rice and Lemon Soup will become everyone's favorite dish. Prepare it easily with a combination of lemon juice, flavorful and convenient GOYA® Chicken Flavored Bouillon, which is mixed with shredded chicken and pre-cooked white rice. Avgolemono, or Greek chicken and rice soup, gets its name from the egg-lemon mixture that thickens and flavors it. Avgolemono actually refers to a Greek sauce made from eggs, lemon, and warm broth.
Lemony chicken and rice soup(Avgolemono) instructions
- Bring chicken,carrot,leeks,onion and 4 quarts water to in large pot,cook until chicken is cooked..
- Transfer chicken in plate discard carrot,onion,leek and chicken to cool.
- Continue to cook broth over medium high heat until reduced to about 2 quarts about 15-10 mins, season with salt..
- Shred meat from chicken..
- Whisk egg and lemon juice in bowl until foamy and no streaks remain,whisking continuously.add 1/4 cup hot chicken broth,a couple teaspoon at a time at first(do not pour too much hot broth to quickly or you will end up with scrambled egg)..
- Then increasing to a steady stream until fully incorporated,meanwhile reduced heat to medium and add rice in to broth,stirring it otherwise rice stick to bottom,cook 5 min,add shred chicken in it.
- And continue to cook till rice is cook it take about 2-3 min.continue stirring,slowly drizzle tempered egg mixture a couple teaspoon a time at first then increasing to steady stream until fully incorporated..
- Reduced heat to medium low and cook until soup is slightly thickened and velvety looking.
- About 5 mins remove from heat and serve in soup bowl season with pepper and chilli flakes and drizzle with olive oil..
Commonly added to soups for thickening, the Here, avgolemono thickens what would otherwise be a pretty standard chicken and orzo soup, making it a welcoming weeknight dinner or an. The secret ingredient for this heartwarming Greek lemon chicken soup (Kotosoupa Avgolemono) is the Avgolemono. An egg-lemon sauce, that is often added in Greek recipes and especially soups and acts as a thickening agent, giving the soup a unique creamy texture and tangy lemony flavour. Characteristically Avgolemono is a broth thickened with egg yolks with a few tender pieces of chicken and perfectly cooked rice grains interlaced. The end result is a silky soup with a deliciously refreshing lemony finish.