Fresh Lemon Chiffon Cake.
You can have Fresh Lemon Chiffon Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fresh Lemon Chiffon Cake
- It’s of Cake flour.
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- Prepare of Egg (medium size).
- It’s of ★Sugar.
- You need of ●Sugar.
- Prepare of Lemon.
- Prepare of ▲Lemon juice.
- You need of ▲Grated lemon peel.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
Fresh Lemon Chiffon Cake step by step
- Rinse the lemons well with water, rub salt (not listed) into the lemon skins, and remove the wax in the surface. After rubbing it all over, wash to get rid of the salt, and grate the lemon skin. Cut it in half, and squeeze out 50 ml of lemon juice. Remove the seeds, etc..
- Divide the egg yolks and whites. Add the ★ sugar to the egg yolks and whip with a whisk until it takes on a mayonnaise-like consistency. After it has turned white, add in the vegetable oil, lemon juice, and grated lemon skin in that order. Place a baking pan into the oven and preheat to 170ºC (160ºC if using a gas stove)..
- Use the • sugar for the egg whites. First, mix the egg whites with the blades of the mixer. Then beat using a hand mixer at high speed. Add in half of the sugar, beat on high for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the sugar and turn it into a proper meringue. Reduce to a low speed in order to even out the consistency, whip for about one minute, and it's done!.
- Sift both the cake flour and cornstarch together into the egg yolk bowl from Step 2, switch to a rubber spatula, and mix roughly. Add 1/3 of the meringue at a time. First, make sure to mix the meringue and egg together properly. For the remaining two times, make sure not to break the air bubbles in the meringue..
- Pour the batter from Step 4 into a mold. Pour from a height if possible. After pouring all of the batter into the mold, lightly rap the mold against the table to remove air pockets. This will smooth the surface and remove excess air. Reduce the heat of the oven to 160°C and bake for 35-40 minutes..
- Take it out of the oven after baking, stick a toothpick, and it is done if nothing sticks to the toothpick. Immediately flip it over onto a bottle with a tall neck or similar item, and let it cool as is. Serve with cream..