Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers. Throw some frozen turkey burgers directly on the grill. Turkey burgers are leaner than beef — they have less calories, total fat and saturated fat. Or are you working with homemade turkey patties that you froze yourself?
The Best Frozen Hamburgers Recipes on Yummly Fried Pickle & Cheese Burger, Double Cheddar Loaded Fry Burger, Southern Bbq Burger. Turkey Teriyaki Burgers with Asian Slaw Shady Brook Farms. You can cook Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers
- It’s of Burger base.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of seasoned bread crumbs (Italian style) more or less as preferred.
- It’s 1 of beaten egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried Italian seasoning blend.
- Prepare 1 of fresh ground pepper and sea salt (to taste).
- Prepare of "Additives".
- Prepare 1 of sweet bell peppers (mix red, orange, yellow…about a 1/4 of each).
- Prepare 1 of green onion (spring onion/ scallions).
- Prepare 1/2 small of red onion (or any type).
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of scotch bonnet or " seasoning peppers" or other hot pepper seeds removed (optional).
- It’s of Fixings/toppers/condiments.
- You need 1 of burger bun of your preference (I like onion).
- You need 1 of salad cream or hummus spread.
- You need 1 slice of of nice quality cheese (sharp or aged cheddar).
- You need 1 of alfalfa sprouts, and thinly sliced: seedless cucumbers, red onion, grape tomatoes, avocado, red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, mushrooms..
Turkey burgers also make fair meatballs with marinara sauce on pasta. Generally, any way you can use ground beef is how you can use turkey burgers. Turkey burgers is a great healthy alternative to regular beef burgers. Hello, I am wanting to know how to cook frozen (raw) turkey burgers.
Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers step by step
- MAKE THE PATTIES….
- Layer 2 cookie sheets with wax or parchment paper. Set aside..
- Mince veggies in the "Additives" section very finely (use a mini chopper or food processor if available) Total yield should be about 3/4 cup..
- Combine all burger mix ingredients with minced veggies in a large bowl. Mix well..
- Lay mixture on a smooth cutting board in a square or rectangle, divide into even sections depending on the size of your patties. (8-10).
- Roll each divided section into a ball then flatten into a burger shaped pattie..
- Coat patties lightly in flour (optional step), place on wax paper not touching. Freeze..
- Once fully frozen (overnight), cut the paper so each pattie has its own square. Store in a plastic freezer bag or other airtight container in the freezer..
- READY TO COOK?!!.
- When ready to cook, take burger(s) out of freezer, set aside. Prepare bun and fixins..
- Heat nonstick skillet on medium with a tiny bit of oil. Carefully place frozen burger into pan. Sear for 1-2 min each side, reduce heat to med-low. Cook another 6-7 minutes each side, gently press pattie occasionally to flatten and expel excess liquid..
- Remove pattie to a plate and allow to cool for a minute, then pop onto the waiting bun with fixins. Press gently to squish to a manageable size that will fit your chompers, then let the challenge begin! It's a practiced art form to eat a tall burger, and be ready for fallout if you used alot of fixins!!.
- Note: Can be cooked from frozen on a grillpress like a George Foreman (about 10 to 12 mins depending on grill, follow manufacturer cooking recommendations. Flip once 90° turn after 5 min for grid marks). And for you low carbers, serve bunless atop a bed of mixed baby greens and choice of toppers..
In a small bowl, combine all of the burger ingredients. Mix together the baking sauce ingredients and pour over the turkey patties. [Homemade] – food you made at home. Personally, I think turkey's a little bland for a hamburger but that's definitely a turkburg. Our Original Seasoned Frozen Turkey Burgers are patted out thick and require no thawing or extra seasoning. Grilling: Preheat grill to medium heat.