Creamy Chicken and rice soup. This homemade chicken and rice soup is a favorite soup of ours! It's rich and hearty and oh so comforting. It's like a chicken noodle soup but it uses a variety of flavorful rice instead of noodles, and it's made creamy with a milk and heavy cream based béchamel.
Make this delicious simple to prepare Chicken and Wild Rice Soup that the whole family will love. A warm, rich chicken and rice soup filled with vegetables and thyme. Ease into soup season with this bowl of yumminess! You can have Creamy Chicken and rice soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and rice soup
- It’s 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 1/2 c of white rice.
- You need 7 c of water.
- You need 1 of large can cream of chicken.
- It’s 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 can of carrots.
- It’s 1-2 c of grated cheese.
- It’s of Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley.
This soup came out of one of those "What the heck am I going to cook for dinner?" moments. You know, those days when you open the fridge and see nothing but odd bits of vegetables. Whenever I'm in need of a nourishing, soothing meal, I turn to this creamy chicken and rice soup. Although noodles tend to get all the attention, I actually prefer my chicken soup flecked.
Creamy Chicken and rice soup step by step
- Boil chicken breast with 1 or 2 bouillon cubes..
- While chicken is cooking open and drain carrots. With a fork, mash carrots into small pieces. (Optional: my kids don't like big chunks of carrots.).
- When chicken is done remove from water. In the water add the carrots remaining bouillon cubes and cook until the cubes are completely dissolved. Add a teaspoon of garlic powder a teaspoon of onion powder and 1-2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Add water and rice, cook until rice is done.
- Meanwhile, cube up or shred chicken.
- When rice is done add chicken, cream of chicken. And cheese salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let stand 10-20 minutes. The rice will swell and soup thicken..
I hope you love this Easy Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup as much as my family does! If you're in a hurry, you could use shredded carrots and instant rice to speed up the. A little heavy cream adds richness to this simple, creamy chicken and rice soup, and collard greens make it heartier and more nutritious. Cut down on cleanup by making this chicken soup with leftover cooked white rice or with one package of microwavable white rice, such as Uncle Ben's. This creamy chicken & rice soup is chock full of fresh vegetables, hearty rice, and a light but creamy broth.