Ladybirds (Tomato) Ladybeetles. Ladybeetles (Ladybugs or Ladybirds) at a glance. Ladybugs, ladybirds or ladybeetles; these insects are firm favourites amongst gardeners and non-gardeners alike with the classical image of a. Ladybird beetle larvae Photo: Whitney Cranshaw, CO State University, Bugwood.org.
Some are native and some have been introduced from other countries. Lady beetles are beloved for many reasons. Farmers like the way they devour injurious aphids and scale insects. You can have Ladybirds (Tomato) Ladybeetles using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ladybirds (Tomato) Ladybeetles
- Prepare 1 of tiger baguette, french stick or bread stick of your choice.
- It’s of Some olive oil or butter or marge , your choice.
- It’s 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 punnet of blueberries.
- You need 2 dozen of fresh baby lettuce leaves, whole.
- Prepare 1 dozen of thin slices of cheese of your choice, i used vintage.
- Prepare of Few slices pastrami or cold meat of your choice.
- It’s of Few slices of prosciutto, optional.
- You need 1 dozen of fresh basil leaves, whole.
- You need 1 dozen of fresh oregano leaves, whole.
- It’s 1 dozen of sprigs of fresh coriander leaves, whole.
- You need 1 dozen of fresh stevia sugar leaves, optional, whole.
- Prepare 1 dozen of fresh parsley sprigs.
- You need 1/2 dozen of fresh chives broke in half, i used garlic chives.
- It’s 2 dozen of fresh sprigs of dill.
- It’s 1 tsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vegemite, optional.
- Prepare 2 dozen of pepper corn per baguette slice.
- You need 1 pinch of salt per baguette slice.
- You need of Few cracks of pepper per baguette slice.
Everyone else appreciates their bright colors and shiny, compact bodies. Lady beetles spend their lives in both adult and larval stages feeding on mites, aphids, other soft-bodied bugs and all the insect eggs they can find. Ladybugs, or lady beetles (Hippodamia convergens) are the best known garden predators available. Lady beetles are the Coccinellidae, a family of beetles.
Ladybirds (Tomato) Ladybeetles step by step
- Slice baguette into about 1/2 inch slices and either butter , marg or lightly olive oil one side of each baguette slice ..
- Place one or two whole baby lettuce leaves onto the prepared baguette slice to start the base ..
- On half of the baguette slices with lettuce place a thin slice of cheese of your choice ontop of the lettuce leaves followed by a bit of the pastrami , prosciutto or cold meat of your choice ontop of the cheese slice ..
- Now arrange the whole fresh basil , oregano , corianda , parsley , chives , and Stevia leaves ontop of all the prepared baguettes , with or without cold meat and cheese to create a leafy garden affect ..
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half now , using a toothpick or pointed object , either poke holes in the half cherry tomatoes and poke black pepper corns into the holes to create beetle dots or dip toothpick into the vegemite and dab onto the cherry tomato half to create beetle dots and carefully place the cherry tomato half onto the prepared baguette garden ..
- Using a clean toothpick or pointed object , dip the toothpick into the mayonnaise and carefully place two dots onto the blueberry as to create eyes for the beetle and carefully place the blueberry onto the prepared baguette in front of the cherry tomato as to create a head for the bug ..
- Place a couple a sprigs of dill under or around the blueberry on the baguette as to make like the beetle is eating it ..
- Sprinkle the prepared baguette beetles with salt and a few cracks of cracked pepper ..
- NOTE : Don't add any cracked pepper to the end if you use cracked pepper to create the dots on the beetle back otherwise it will be too peppery ..
- Arrange beetled baguettes on a platter and serve . enjoy . 🙂 ..
All species are protected by noxious fluids based on cyanide, and most have warning colouration, such as red with black spots or black stripes. Coccinellidae, a scientific name of one of the most beloved insect, a ladybird bug or lady beetle or more entomologically, a ladybird beetle. A wide variety of ladybird beetles options are available to you, such as material. Asian lady beetles are a problem for homeowners when they move inside our homes and other structures seeking a protected site to overwinter and then when they decide to once again move outdoors as the weather warms in the spring. Lady beetles, also known as "ladybugs" or "ladybird beetles", are familiar insects.