Air light fluffy chiffon cake using waterbath baking method. Home » Baking School » Chiffon Cake Mixing Method & Basic Recipe. A chiffon cake is a light and fluffy cake that is made with oil, or other melted fats, instead of solid fat. Because chiffon cake has a higher fat content compared to other foam cakes, the mixing method is a bit different than the.
Recipes like cheesecakes or anything that requires gentle heating so the tops don't crack during the baking process. How to bake ensaymada using turbo. The classic chiffon cake never fails-light, airy, fluffy chiffon is irresistible when frosted with light Avoid using a spatula to fold your meringue mixture into your wet ingredients. You can cook Air light fluffy chiffon cake using waterbath baking method using 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Air light fluffy chiffon cake using waterbath baking method
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour + 1/4 cup flour.
- You need 3 tablespoons of corn starch.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla essence.
- It’s 6 of very large egg whites.
- You need 6 of very large egg yolks.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of warmed milk.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of warmed vegetable oil.
Follow your recipe and time your cake's baking time carefully. As soon as it springs back up when lightly touched, it is done. This classic chiffon cake is tender and light as air. It has the richness of a butter cake and the fluffiness of a sponge cake.
Air light fluffy chiffon cake using waterbath baking method step by step
- Sieve the corn starch and flour 3 times.
- In a deep bowl, add the egg yolks and stir, add the warmed milk and vegetable oil(mix oil and milk in a small pot and heat up a bit until warm) and vanilla essence. Then stir to mix.
- Add the 1/4 cup sugar and mix in.
- Then mix the shifted flour in to combine and set aside.
- In a clean and dry mixing bowl, add the egg whites and using the ballon hook attachment, on high speed, whisk until it reaches stiff peak.
- Stiff peak should be as shown.
- Then gradually add the other 1/3 cup sugar while still whisking on high speed.
- When you have added in the sugar completely, scoop a quarter of the egg white mixture and add to the egg yolk and flour mix.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the until well combined. Please do this folding in gently.
- Then add the remaining egg white mix and fold in gently as before until well combined.
- Grease the baking pan with vegetable shortening and line with parchment paper properly.
- Then pour in the batter. Drop the pan a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Wrap the outer body of the pan with foil paper.
- The preheat your oven at 220 degrees.
- Add boiling water to a larger baking pan big enough to contain the baking pan.
- The drop the batter pan in the water pan and bake at 155 degrees for 1hr-2hrs (yeah it takes time to bake using water bath). But i used a flatter pan so it was a bit faster.
- After like 1hr 30mins, remove the waterbath and foil and bake directly for the remaining 20-30mins.
The method of this recipe is easier than most. The dry ingredients and all of the wet ingredients, except for the egg whites, are prepared in the same bowl. Making a chiffon cake can be a little bit tricky. Because the cake's volume is achieved by whipping up the eggwhites until stiff peaks form, it is vital that there is no eggyolk So, in regards to your question, chiffon cakes are light fluffy cakes and the fluffiness comes mostly from how the eggs are whipped. Chiffon cake is a light cake similar to a sponge cake with a tender, moist texture, that utilizes vegetable oil in place of butter.