Persian Love Cake. You're going to fall in love with this Persian Love Cake!!! Made with semolina and almond meal with a hint of citrus and subtle spices, this cake is soaked with hot syrup to make it moist and add sweetness. This best-ever Persian Love Cake gets flavor from rose water, cardamom, almond flour and more.
This recipe, however, I cannot take credit for. It is from Gourmet Traveller (link below). Citrus and gentle spices make this delicious cake unforgettable. You can have Persian Love Cake using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Persian Love Cake
- It’s of Ingredients.
- You need of almond flour.
- You need of plain flour.
- You need of plain yogurt.
- It’s of whole eggs.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Zest of lemon or lime.
- You need of white sugar.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of nutmeg powder.
- It’s of flake almonds or silvered pistachios.
- Prepare of Ingredients for syrup.
- Prepare of large orange juie.
- You need of honey.
- It’s of 0range blossom (Bahar narenj) or rosewater.
Topped with icing and baked in a Exotic, fragrant, beautiful – what's not to love about this luxurious cake? Persian Love Cake is a guest recipe by Yasmin Khan so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Persian Love Cake – made with almond meal and Greek yogurt, this gluten free cake is almost like a Middle Eastern cheesecake, with a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon. Persian Love Cake – Cake Lab.
Persian Love Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven at 180C degree. Mix butter with brown and white sugar with an electric mixer. Then add two eggs and beat for a minute..
- Add lemon zest and yogurt to the mixture and beat until all ingredients incorporated…
- In a separate bowl, add almond flour and plain flour, nutmeg, baking powder and cardamom. Stir them. Pour dry ingredients into the above mentioned batter. Mix with electric mixer all together..
- Grease sides of a cake tin, and cover the base of the tin with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and scatter over almond flakes or chopped pistachio..
- Place it into preheated oven and bake for about 55-60 minutes. Insert a skewer or a knife into the cake, if comes out clean, it means cake is baked.Meanwhile, prepare the syrup a few minutes before the cake is ready: Add honey, orange juice and rose water or orange blossom to a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set aside..
- Place the cake on a tray. While the cake is hot, use a wooden skewer and Poke several small holes on the cake and pour warm syrup all over the cake. Allow to soak for an hour and them remove from the cake tin..
- Cut the cake and serve it with Greek yogurt (yes that’s right with yogurt), taste is just perfect..
Persian love cakes from Ottolenghi & Go's book "Sweet". It has a distinguish flavor from the nutmeg, mahleb and buckwheat flour in it. recipes. Persian love cake is full of amazing flavors. You'll fall in love with the notes of cardamom, rose and saffron in this classic Persian dessert. Persian love cake is moist, spongy and will enchant you with its exotic flavors of rose, cardamom and saffron.