Basbousa (The semovita cake). Basbousa is a traditional Egyptian – middle eastern sweet cake. Basically Basbousa (also known as revani or harissa) cake is Each county has their own version of basbousa, this version of semolina cake is light, fluffy and sweet. This recipe perfect for the Ramadan.
Cut a diamond or square design in the cake with a butter knife. At the top of that list, Basbousa (followed narrowly by Qatayef – but more on those another day). Also sometimes called Hareesa (not to be confused with Harees ), Basbousa is a simple semolina cake, soaked in syrup and gracefully adorned with blanched almonds. You can cook Basbousa (The semovita cake) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basbousa (The semovita cake)
- Prepare of For the cake batter.
- Prepare of semovita.
- You need of flour.
- You need of yogurt.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of melted butter or ghee.
- Prepare of coconut.
- It’s of vanilla.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of Sugar syrup.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
Mix the semolina, coconut, sugar, flour, yoghurt, melted butter and vanilla in a bowl. If the mixture seems too thick, add a little milk, but it should still be fairly stiff. Basbousa (also namoura, revani, hareseh and other names) is a traditional Middle Eastern sweet cake that originated in Egypt, though also popular in other countries. It is made from a semolina batter in a pan, sweetened with orange flower water.
Basbousa (The semovita cake) instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside (flour,semo,sugar,baking powder,coconut).
- Add wet ingredients (yogurt,eggs,vanilla,butter)to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter in a greased pan or baking dish,evenly distribute the batter and bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- While you are baking the cake,quickly make your sugar syrup. Add sugar,water and lemon juice in a pot,stir and boil for 5 minutes then set aside.
- When the cake is brown and well baked,remove from the oven and pour half of the sugar syrup on the cake. Cut it into squares and add the remaining syrup.
- Allow the basbousa to fully absorb the syrup (to get moist),garnish with coconut and lemon slices. Enjoy 😋😋.
Basbousa Cake is an Egyptian cake with yogurt, coconut and nuts soaked in a flavorful simple syrup. A one bowl moist Basbousa cake is a well known middle eastern dessert made with semolina flour, coconut and yogurt. The coarse semolina flour gives the. The syrup is not too sugary, but sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth. From Saad Fayed, I love basbousa with coffee after a good meal.