Spanish home-made Chicken Noodle Soup (sopa de Pollo). Some sopa de pollo con fideos recipes include potatoes, so don't be afraid to throw some in. What makes this recipe so delicious and good for you is that instead of using store-bought chicken broth that is laden with too much fat or sodium, a whole chicken is used with the skin on and the bones in. Sopa de Pollo con Fideo (Chicken Noodle Soup)
Bring chicken, chicken broth & water to a boil in large pot Add finely chopped onion, carrots, peeled and chopped batata, garlic, and seasonings. Sopa de Pollo con Fideos (Spanish Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe by spanishfood.about.com, is from La Cocina Española, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. Family cookbooks are an important way to preserve our mealtime traditions for future generations with individual printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook. You can have Spanish home-made Chicken Noodle Soup (sopa de Pollo) using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spanish home-made Chicken Noodle Soup (sopa de Pollo)
- Prepare 5 of skinned chicken thighs.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth.
- It’s 42 oz of water.
- You need 1 of batata (or large potato).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of baby carrots.
- It’s 4 of minced garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of angel hair pasta.
- Prepare 1 of cilantro.
- It’s 1 of adobo.
- You need 1 of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of packet Sazon.
On medium high heat in a Very large pot, add oil and heat. Once oil is heated, add bell pepper, onion and celery. Brown the chicken pieces to seal in their flavor. Add the chicken stock or water to the chicken and bring to a boil.
Spanish home-made Chicken Noodle Soup (sopa de Pollo) instructions
- Bring chicken, chicken broth & water to a boil in large pot.
- Add finely chopped onion, carrots, peeled and chopped batata, garlic, and seasonings. Boil until chicken is tender. Take out chicken and de-bone. Set aside.
- Add pasta and chopped cilatro. (I add a couple spicy red peppers to looks and flavor) Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, cook for 5 minutes. Serve with Lime Garnish on side for taste. Buen Provecho.
Authentic Mexican chicken soup: the best taste comes from using a whole chicken (cut up)with skin simmer in salted wateror you can also add Knorr Suiza(chicken flavor) flavoring until cooked thru. If you've ever been to Miami then you must have had Cuban chicken noodle soup at some point. Sopa de Pollo aka Chicken Soup is undoubtedly a classic dish that instantly warms your heart. Even now as I battle to recover from serious food poisoning, I crave a hearty soup of Sopa de Pollo. Now one thing's for certain- no two Chicken Soups are alike!