Cheeseburger Soup. This is a rich soup in which ground beef is sauteed in butter with vegetables and herbs prior to adding milk, cubes of cheddar cheese and sour cream. This Cheeseburger Soup recipe is a rich and cheesy bowl of comfort food made on the lighter side. Cheeseburger soup is always a hit with my family!
Cheeseburger Soup Sounds Weird, Tastes INSANE. Today we are showing you how to make Cheeseburger Soup! This delectable family friendly Cheeseburger Soup brings all the wonderful savory flavors of cheeseburgers together in a creamy cheesy soup with a prefect blend of Italian seasonings. You can cook Cheeseburger Soup using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, peeled and shredded.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of large potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk (any kind).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Cheeseburger Soup – All the flavors of a cheeseburger in a creamy, comforting soup, topped with crisp bacon and homemade hamburger bun croutons! Cheeseburger Soup – How To Make Cheeseburger Soup with BaconThe Wolfe Pit. When I first read the words Cheeseburger Soup on the menu of our local deli – my thought was YUCK! This was the special every Friday!
Cheeseburger Soup instructions
- Start by heating the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat, season it lightly with salt and pepper, and cook it until it's browned throughout. Drain any excess fat, if needed, then remove the meat to a seperate plate, cover with foil and set it aside..
- Add the butter to the pot. Once it melts, add the onion, celery and shredded carrot. Cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Then add the garlic, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir for another couple of minutes. Then sprinkle the flour over the top and cook and stir for another minute or two..
- Increase the heat to med-high and stir in the broth and seasonings. Let it come up to a low boil, then stir the meat back in, along with the potatoes. Reduce the heat back down to medium-low and let this simmer until the potatoes are fork tender. Then stir in the milk and the shredded cheese, stirring to incorporate and melt the cheese in..
- Let it come back up to temperature and taste it to see if it needs any additional seasoning. That's it! Serve it straightaway and enjoy!.
Well one Friday I decided to broaden my taste buds and give it a try! This cheeseburger soup recipe is the perfect summer to autumn recipe! If you're like me and are still grilling on the weekends before the cold weather takes hold, you're already halfway to an amazing pot. This Cheeseburger Soup is thick, hearty and loaded with ground beef, potatoes, veggies and plenty of cheese! Make it on the stovetop or in the slow cooker.