Lemon Yogurt Cake. For the perfect tea cake, bake Ina Garten's Lemon Yogurt Cake recipe, finished with a sweet lemon glaze, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. This Lemon Yogurt Cake is slightly tangy, flavorful, moist and totally delicious. Simple to make and lots of lemon flavor.
This fluffy sponge cake is great for breakfast, served with a cup of coffee or milk. ▼ INGREDIENTS. Lemon Yogurt Cake from Barefoot Contessa. Lemon yogurt cake – a European tradition. You can cook Lemon Yogurt Cake using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Yogurt Cake
- Prepare 200 ml of Plain yogurt.
- It’s 400 ml of Plain flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 150 ml of Oil.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking powder.
Yogurt cake is in many ways the French answer to pound cake but quite honestly, it's a whole lot better. Despite the French reputation for fine baking, that's not. Lemon Yogurt Cake – This is my go-to recipe for lemon cake, always perfect. The texture of this Cake is pretty unique; the edges bake up crispy, sweet, and caramelized and tastes like butter cookies right.
Lemon Yogurt Cake instructions
- Wash the lemon very well and grate the rind for zest. You can grate it straight into the mixing bowl..
- Preheat your oven to 180 ℃..
- Meanwhile, add yogurt and sugar to the bowl with the lemon zest. This prevents the sugar from becoming lumpy later..
- Here is 1 cup of yogurt. It's quite a lot!.
- This is the sugar. Do not press, just scoop one cup. Then, add up to 50 ml extra..
- Now, add the egg and oil to the bowl. Mix well. You don't have to worry too much about dissolving the yogurt and sugar completely as you still need to add flour..
- Measure the flour like this. Just scoop 2 cups..
- Add flour and baking powder into bowl and combine. It is better if you sift it into the bowl..
- When everything is together, pour into a baking pan greased with butter. Tap it on the kitchen counter a few times to release any air trapped inside the batter..
- First, bake in an oven preheated 160 ℃ for 30-35 minutes..
- Then, turn the heat up to 180 ℃ for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown. If a skewer or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, it's done..
- Tip for washing lemons! Wet your hands and then rub the lemon with baking powder or baking soda. Rinse. It will be nice and clean!.
Unlike any other cake I've baked, this incomparably moist lemon berry yogurt cake has a soft, creamy, and buttery crumb. Lightly flavored with fresh lemon and bursting with Greek yogurt and mixed. This Lemon Yogurt Cake is something I made on repeat when I ran my B&B in St. I'd often serve it as a sweet alongside the main course. It's quick to make, doesn't require a mixer.