Black Coffee Cake.
You can have Black Coffee Cake using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Coffee Cake
- You need 375 ml (2 2/3 cups) of All-purpose flour,.
- You need 15 ml of baking powder,.
- You need 15 ml of instant coffee powder(Nescafe),.
- You need 5 ml of ground cinnamon,.
- It’s 5 ml of ground cardamom,.
- Prepare 3 of separated eggs(I'll explain how on the recipe),.
- You need 180 ml of sugar,.
- It’s 100 ml of cooking oil,.
- It’s 5 ml of vanilla essence,.
- You need 100 ml of strong black coffee cooled.
- Prepare of For the coffee icing:.
- It’s 250 g of icing sugar(or normal sugar),.
- You need 125 g of margarine,.
- Prepare 15 ml of coffee granules, dissolved in 15ml of hot water,.
- You need 5 ml of vanilla essence.
Black Coffee Cake step by step
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and give them a good whisk,.
- In another bowl, take your eggs and separate the egg yolks and egg whites.
- Beat the *egg yolks* and the remaining ingredients (100ml oil, 100ml strong black cooled coffee) and vanilla essence) together for 3 minutes,.
- NOTE: 100ml strong cooled coffee is made with 2 tablespoons of coffee granules mixed with 100ml hot water, then allow it to cool..
- After beating your mixture of egg yolks and the remaining ingredients, add the flour mixture and beat until well mixed. At this point it, your mixture will be a bit dry. Set aside..
- In another clean bowl, beat the *egg whites* until stiff but not dry, and fold/add into the mixture above and continue beating,.
- This is how it will look like👇👇👇. ((Please DON'T add any milk or water.)).
- Grease your round cake pan and pour in your cake mixture,.
- Preheat your oven at this point and bake your cake until when you insert a skewer or a knife in it, it comes out clean. I preheated my oven at 200°c and baked for 35min..
- Allow your cake to cool completely before icing with a coffee-flavoured butter icing..
- FOR THE ICING: This is what you need(I wrote it on the ingredient's section)….
- Cream margarine and icing sugar (or normal sugar) together adding the dissolved coffee and the vanilla essence until the icing is of a good spreading consistency..
- Finally, my Black Coffee Cake with a coffee-flavoured butter icing is here guys👇👇👇.. Good luck👍 and Enjoy😋😋😋.