Tortilla soup. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade tortilla strips, avocado, lime, and cilantro for the perfect Mexican-inspired soup! Tortilla soup (Spanish: sopa de tortilla) is a traditional Mexican soup made of fried corn tortilla pieces, submerged into a broth of tomato, garlic, onion, and chile de árbol and epazote.
Tortilla Soup II. "I made this soup and served it at a party before ever trying it. But we really liked "Tortilla Soup" The performance by the cast of Elizondo, Pena, Obradors and unknown (to me) Mello; was very good. Raquel Welch was a bit over the top, but all in good fun. You can cook Tortilla soup using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortilla soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of chicken thighs.
- You need 15 oz of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of diced jalapeño.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It’s 5 oz of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thinly sliced scallions.
- It’s 1 of diced bell pepper.
- You need 1 of pitted and diced avocado.
- You need 1/4 cup of cilantro springs.
- It’s 1 of lime wedges.
- It’s 1 of corn tortilla chips.
This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients. This tortilla soup recipe comes together pretty quickly—be sure to have cilantro sprigs, a lime, and sour cream on hand for garnishes. Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. Today I'm sharing The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe I've ever made.
Tortilla soup step by step
- In a large pot add chicken, broth, jalapeño and 8 cups of water to boil over med-high heat. Reduce heat to med; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15 min. Transfer chicken to a plate; let cool..
- Using a large spoon, skim fat from surface of broth in pot, and strain liquid through a sieve in to a clean pot. Shred chicken with a fork and return it to the pot. Stir in salt for taste. Serve in a bowl and add all other ingredients as garnish..
Drop your dinner plans and make it tonight! Tortilla soup was the one meal that got away. Now, I'm glad I've found a homemade replacement for the salty bowls of chicken tortilla soup that I used to order at chain restaurants. Tortilla soup is a zesty and hearty soup that's great as a side dish or even as an entree. Though the recipe calls for many ingredients, the soup is fairly straightforward to make, with most of the work.