Red Velvet Cake Recipe.
You can cook Red Velvet Cake Recipe using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake Recipe
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of cocoa.
- You need 2 teaspoons of red colour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need 2 cup of sifted cake flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
Red Velvet Cake Recipe step by step
- Cream the butter and the sugar together, add the eggs and keep beating. Add the cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Mix the cocoa, the red colour and the water and add to the egg sugar mixture. Sift the flour and the 1 teaspoons of baking powder. Add the flour and the buttermilk slowly into the other ingredients, alternating..
- Mix 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Blend very gently into batter. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 inch cake pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting. • 1 stick of butter • 8 ounces of cream cheese (don’t use low or not fat versions in this recipe) • 2 cups confectionery sugar • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Frost the cake top and sides with the remaining frosting. You can decorate the cake with crushed pecans, coconut or red jimmies. This is one cake that you are going to want to serve on your best cake plate. Present it to your family and guests as the magnific.
- Place the butter and the cream cheese in a large bowl. Using your electric mixer, beat until smooth. Place one half of the cake top down and spread with 1/4 of the frosting. Place the other half of the cake on top of the first half, top up..