Candy's beer bread. Great recipe for Candy's beer bread. I have always been intimidated to make most doughs. I have severe nerve damage in my right arm and hand.
These variations are always fun suggestions on how to create more than just one recipe. Honey: A touch of honey creates a sweeter bread that is comforting and will melt in your mouth, it is that good! Herbs and seasonings: Mix in your favorite fresh or dried herbs to have more flavors. You can have Candy's beer bread using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Candy's beer bread
- It’s of Pre heat oven to 425 degrees : 1 3/4 cups Bread flour. I use King Arthur Flour.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour I use King Arthur Flour:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dry Yeast.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Brown Sugar. I normally use raw sugar also called Turbinado.
- You need 1/4 cup of Warm water (not hot).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of a good beer. I like Samuel Adams Flavors.
- It’s of I rolled my bread in Roasted Organic wheat Germ, roasted Organic flax seed, black and white sesame seeds.
- Prepare of This is optional….
Rosemary or thyme are some of my favorites! Mix together the flour and beer until fully combined. Spread the dough into a greased bread loaf pan. Not too sweet, perfect anytime especially warm out of the oven.
Candy's beer bread step by step
- Mix the Bread Flour and Whole wheat Flours.
- Set aside.
- Mix the Dry Yeast and the brown sugar into the warm water.
- I set this aside until it becomes bubbly, I call it frothy because if has a small froth like beer.
- Add the Beer and one cup of the flour mixture to the yeast mixture..
- I use a wooden spoon to fold and blend well.
- Carefully add the salt and the rest of the flours, folding until all is gone..
- This mixture will be Sticky, I put olive oil on my hands to be able to form into a ball. If it's too wet, pour into a greased bowl, cover, with a clean cloth, I set mine for overnight Or if I do this first thing in the morning, I allow it to rise all day. Normally mine get three times the size I started with. Bake for about 20-25 Minutes depending upon your oven and your elevation. Cool in pan on wire rack covered with a dish cloth for at least five to Ten minutes. Fresh baked Bread smells so delicious and so good warm..
It will become a family favourite. There's nothing like homemade fresh bread, especially if it's fast and easy and no yeast required! We have become lovers not only ofContinue Reading America's favorite, slightly sweet buttery beer bread. Add beer, bake and enjoy this American favorite! We suggest any beer or carbonated beverage (any soda works great!).