Stuffed Bell Peppers.
You can cook Stuffed Bell Peppers using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Bell Peppers
- It’s of (1) Onion, diced.
- You need of (5) Garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of (5) Tbsp chili powder.
- Prepare of (2) Tbsp vegetable oil.
- It’s of (4) Large Bell Peppers, mixed colors.
- It’s of (2) slices White sandwich bread, torn into pieces.
- It’s of (1/2) cup milk.
- You need of (1) lb ground chuck, browned.
- Prepare of (1) cup corn, can or frozen.
- Prepare of (2) cups shredded cheese, Jack and Colby.
- Prepare of (1 1/2) cup cooked rice.
- You need of (2) Tbsp minced canned chipotle chilie in adobo sauce.
- Prepare of (3) tsp salt.
- It’s of (1) tsp pepper.
- Prepare of (6) Tbsp minced fresh cilantro.
- You need of (1) Green onion, chopped.
Stuffed Bell Peppers step by step
- Microwave onion, garlic, chili powder, and oil in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes..
- Cut top 1/2 inch off each pepper, removing core and seeds..
- Save 3 of the pepper tops. Chop finely, discarding stems..
- Mash bread and milk into paste in large bowl..
- Mix in onion mixture, chopped pepper tops, ground chuck, corn, 1 cup cheese, cooked rice, chipotle, salt & pepper..
- Mix together with gloved hands until well incorporated..
- Stuff meat mixture into peppers.
- Place 1/3 cup water in slow cooker..
- Place stuffed peppers upright in cooker..
- Cover and cook 4-6 hours on LOW until fully cooked..
- Add additional cheese and green onion to the top the last hour or so of cooking..
- Gently lift peppers from cooker with tongs or slotted spoon, and transfer to a serving plate..