Carrot, lentil and cumin spicy soup. A delicious, spicy blend packed full of iron and low in fat to boot. It's ready in under half an hour, or can be made in a slow cooker. How to Make Spiced Carrot and Lentil Soup: Start by sweating the onion and celery, heat the oil in a large The soup is done once the carrots are tender and the lentils are cooked.
This carrot and lentil soup has become a staple in our house, because of its gorgeous flavour and texture. Add the chopped carrots and cumin seeds, and fry for a few more minutes. Don't overdo it, or the onions will burn. You can have Carrot, lentil and cumin spicy soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot, lentil and cumin spicy soup
- Prepare 600 grams of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- You need of 1 clove of garlic optional chopped.
- It’s 1000 ml of stock (I used several veggie stock cubes).
- You need 2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil or spray oil.
- Prepare 125 ml of milk (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- You need 140 grams of red split lentils.
- You need of Good pinch of salt and pepper.
Add the lentils and the vegetable stock, then bring to the boil, reduce the heat. Try our spicy carrot and lentil soup. Add the oil, carrots, stock, lentils and milk to the saucepan then bring to the boil. Blitz the soup in a liquidiser or with a stick blender.
Carrot, lentil and cumin spicy soup step by step
- Chop the onion, add the olive oil to a large pan, on a gentle heat slowly fry the onion. Whilst the onion is softening grate the carrots..
- Make a space in the pan then add the cumin and chilli flakes, warm them through. When you get the aroma coming through take out a tsp of the spices and set aside for toasting later..
- Throw in the grated carrot and stir, then add the hot stock stir again..
- Pour in the lentils, stir and add paprika and a good pinch of salt and pepper! Add the optional milk now..
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes or until the red lentils have softened. Once it’s all cooked through using a hand blender blitz, then serve!! Enjoy.
Season and serve with a dollop of sour cream and the spices you set aside earlier. Add carrots, lentils, cumin, coriander, stock and black pepper. Serve hot with fresh crusty bread. This carrot and lentil soup is pretty low in calories, so we usually have it as a starter or serve it with a sandwich. A grilled cheese sandwich is perfect If you like spicy food, then a little paprika for some smokiness and then chilli flakes for extra heat works really well.