Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
Roasting it before you make the soup is key to getting that caramelized, deeply sweet flavor in the squash that we all love. (Read this guide on how to roast the best butternut squash ever.) Roasting the vegetables first brings deep, rich flavor to this sage-brown butter butternut squash soup–perfect for a chilly fall day. My favorite fall soup of all time, roasted butternut squash soup is cheap, easy, nutrition, and absolutely delicious. Butternut squash is something I didn't appreciate until I was an adult. (Along with most other vegetables.) It was a silky butternut squash soup that first converted me. You can have Roasted Butternut Squash Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 3 pounds (1 1/2 kg) of whole butternut squash halved lengthwise and seeds removed.
- You need 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil (for roasting option).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of large onion cut into wedges.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic minced or grated.
- It’s 3-4 cups of low sodium chicken stock (or broth) — use veggie broth or stock for a vegetarian option.
- You need 2 of beef or chicken bouillon cubes crumbled — use vegetable stock powder for a vegetarian option.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half (or heavy cream).
- Prepare of Parsley to sprinkle.
Today I've got a super simple five-ingredient roasted butternut squash soup recipe for you—with three ways to spice it up! Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a cold-weather staple!
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a large baking pan. Place squash on the pan, cut-side up (skin-side down). Arrange onion, garlic and carrots around the pan..
- Drizzle ingredients with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Rub seasonings all over each veggie and inside the squash. Flip squash cut-side down and rub any of the oil/seasonings left on the pan over the skin. Roast until squash is fork tender and completely cooked through (about 50-55 minutes)..
- Allow to cool slightly (about 10 minutes). When cool enough to touch, scoop the flesh out of the skin..
- BLENDER: Place roasted veggies, 3 cups of stock and bouillon cubes into a blender. (You may need to work in batches of two or three depending on the size of your blender.) Blend until smooth. Be careful with the steam that may lift out from the center of the lid. Transfer soup into a pot and warm over medium heat to serve. (Check thickness and add remaining stock, if needed, to thin It out.).
- FOR STICK/IMMERSION BLENDER: Place roasted veggies, 3 cups of stock and bouillon into a large pot over medium heat. Use an immersion blender and blend until smooth. Warm up over medium heat, if needed..
- TO SERVE: Stir in the half and half or cream. Add in any preferred spices (a pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg). Adjust salt and pepper, if needed. Sprinkle parsley, Serve immediately with toasted bread slices..
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram with a picture if you try this recipe!.
We love this silky butternut soup served with spicy roasted chickpeas for extra flavor. Vegan, Vegetarian, and T-Rex toppings available, so there's something for everyone! Roasting the butternut squash until caramelized and tender is. Learn to make a delicious roasted butternut squash soup blended with sautéed onions and tart apples. You may unsubscribe at any time.