Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken. This is exactly like your favourite sweet and sour from the local down the road, but with fewer calories. Cut each chicken breast into eight or nine even pieces. Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry the onion and peppers for two minutes over a high heat.
It is very tangy, but its sourness is pleasantly toned down by the sweetness of. This healthy and crispy sweet and sour chicken recipe is so delicious with sweet and sour sauce! You can make the sweet sour sauce in advance, store in an air-tight container and keep in the How to Make Sweet and Sour Chicken? You can have Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- You need 1 large of breast Chicken breast.
- Prepare of Marinade:.
- It’s 1 of see step 3 Sugar, sake, soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil (or vegetable oil).
- It’s 3 tbsp of ▲ Katakuriko.
- Prepare 3 of cm Carrot.
- Prepare 2 small of Green bell pepper.
- You need 2 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of Onion.
- You need 1/2 of Cooked bamboo shoot in water.
- You need of Flavor:.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of tablepoons each ★ Ketchup, soy sauce, vnegar.
- It’s 2 tsp of ★ Chinese soup stock.
- It’s 100 ml of ★Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of + 2 tablespoons Katakuriko + Water.
- You need 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
The recipe is easy and simple. Best and easiest sweet and sour chicken I have tried on this site! I made a few changes out of neccesity using a can of cubed pineapple with about half of the syrup and snow peas instead of the celery and gr. peppers. Loved the lighter coating vs the too heavy traditional coating.
Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken step by step
- Remove the skin and open up the thicker parts to make it all the same thickness. Cover with plastic wrap use the handle of a knife or a rolling pin to pound the meat. Remove the plastic wrap and pierce with a fork..
- Cut into bite-sized pieces..
- Put the chicken into a plastic bag and add 1/4 teaspoon (about 2 pinches) of sugar, 1 tablespoon each of soy sauce and sake, and 1 teaspoon of oil. Rub the seasoning into the meat for about 1 minute. Marinate for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables. Cut the onion in half horizontally and cut into 6-8 slices. Thinly slice the thicker part of the carrot into pieces of the same size as the onion..
- Cut the shiitake, green pepper, and bamboo shoot to the same size of the onion..
- Combine the ★ ingredients..
- Prepare the katakuriko slurry..
- Add the ▲ ingredients to the plastic bag from Step 2 and gently coat each piece of chicken evenly..
- Fry the chicken in a good amount of oil until browned and crisp, then transfer to a dish. (If there are some burned areas left in the frying pan, wipe or wash it clean)..
- Add a little bit of oil to the frying pan from Step 9 and quickly saute the green peppers. When the peppers are coated well with oil, transfer to the same plate as the chicken. It's okay if they aren't completely cooked..
- Add some more oil to the frying pan and saute the onion and carrots. Add the shiitake and bamboo shoot and continue sautéing..
- Once the oil has coated the vegetables, add the ★ mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes..
- Swirl in the katakuriko slurry and stir. Once it has thickened, add the chicken and green peppers. Let simmer and then season with salt and pepper. Done..
- (If you have some time available, deep fry the vegetables. In that case, skip Step 10.).
- It's easier to make if you prepare the dish until Step 6 the night before, cover it with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator..
Guilt-free is the way to be. Sweet and Sour Chicken Egg Rolls. If you love it as a stir-fry, just wait until you try it in an egg roll. Get the recipe from Carlsbad Cravings. Chinese Crispy Chicken with Honey Garlic Sauce.