Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist. A grandmother is fondly remembered as having a flair for baking biscuits and cakes – especially this cinnamon "Although I was very young, I still remember her. She was a no-nonsense lady with a sharp tongue and a fiery temper. We children knew to be on. · A twist on a classic favorite!
Once you have mastered the art of the classic sponge cake you can then move on to all the variations and never look back. The best bit is that from now on you are going to know just how. #moistvanillacake #fluffyvanillacake #basicplainspongecakerecipe #newyearcakerecipe #newyearsweetrecipe Hello everyone, Today's recipe is basic vanilla. Everyone loves a classic Victoria sponge cake, traditionally filled with strawberry or raspberry jam and whipped double cream or buttercream, but sometimes we like to give the classic Vicky sponge a bit of a makeover. You can cook Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist
- You need 75 grams of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 200 ml of caster/granulated/refined sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 300 ml of regular flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 of melted butter for the pan.
- You need 1 of flour or fine breadcrumbs for the pan.
You can discard the egg yolks or use them for something else – perhaps a yummy. Vanilla and cinnamon give this classic sponge a new twist. Make sure you buy a really ripe pineapple for the decorative fruit topping. Delicious cinnamon cake has the complex charms of Mexican hot chocolate.
Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist instructions
- Melt the butter or margarine and let it cool..
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar until it is white and super airy..
- Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon..
- Add the milk and the butter, and whisk together..
- Pour the batter into a pan or baking form that you have brushed with melted butter and then coated in flour or fine breadcrumbs for baking..
- Bake in the oven at 175°F celsius/350F for 25-35 minutes. A knife or a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake should come out completely dry..
Years later, she wanted to re-create that sweet-spicy sensation in a layer cake, so she developed a cinnamon-flavored sponge cake and subtly spicy buttercream frosting made with ancho chile powder and cayenne pepper. The Cinnamon Sponge Cake recipe out of our category Cake! How to make a sponge cake. It's easy and you can make hundreds of different cakes with this base. Delicious white cake swirled with cinnamon and a streusel topping.