Sponge Cake With Walnuts.
You can cook Sponge Cake With Walnuts using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake With Walnuts
- It’s of shift together.
- It’s 150 gms of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 250 gms of walnuts (chopped into tiny bites using a chopper).
- You need of step 1(whisk together all the ingredients mentioned until pale yellow and creamy).
- You need 6 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of zest of lemon.
- You need of step 2(whisk the egg whites adding the cream of tartarand sugar till soft peaks formed).
- Prepare 6 of egg whites.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 100 gms of granulated sugar.
Sponge Cake With Walnuts step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree centigrade..
- Line a 9" round cake pan with parchment paper..
- Grease and dust the pan with butter and flour..
- Add half the shifted flour to the egg yolk mixture and gently fold it..
- Add half the egg whites to this and gently fold in..
- Repeat both the steps again..
- Now add the chopped walnuts and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter I into the prepared cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cake tin and cool completely before slicing..
- Serve plain or with whipped cream..