Light and Airy Sponge Cake.
You can have Light and Airy Sponge Cake using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Light and Airy Sponge Cake
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 75 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 75 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 25 grams of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of Vanilla extract.
Light and Airy Sponge Cake step by step
- Separate the eggs into egg whites and yolks. Measure the sugar, and sift the flour on paper..
- Put the egg whites into a bowl, and whip well with a hand mixer. Add the granulated sugar to make a meringue..
- Put the egg yolks into a separate bowl, and whip with the hand mixer as well..
- Add the Step 2 meringue to the Step 3 egg yolks little by little, and mix with the hand mixer. Add vanilla extract..
- Sprinkle the sifted flour into Step 4, and fold it in with a spatula. Add the vegetable oil, and fold it in as well..
- Pour into the mold, and bake in a 170 ~ 180℃ oven for about 20 minutes..
- Insert a bamboo skewer in the middle – if it comes out clean, the cake is done..
- Add toppings to your liking. I put strawberries and kiwi on top this time..