Creamed spinach and egg bread bowl. In a large pan, sauté spinach until cooked then place in a strainer to drain excess Hollow out a sourdough bowl, line the hole with mozzarella cheese, then spoon creamed spinach in. Spoon a dip in the middle, then crack an egg in. Hollow out a sourdough bowl, line the hole with mozzarella cheese, then spoon creamed spinach in.
Creamed spinach is a classic, decadent side dish, but it also makes a fine nest for baked eggs. Despite its name, cream weighs down the spinach Use the back of a spoon to make a little hollow in the center of the spinach and crack an egg into each hollow. It's fine if the egg white spreads out a. You can have Creamed spinach and egg bread bowl using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamed spinach and egg bread bowl
- You need of Creamed spinach.
- Prepare 20 oz of Spinach.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of Butter.
- You need 1/4 of Onion sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 cup of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 cup of Whole milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Nutmeg.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s bowl of Bread.
- You need 1 of Sourdough bread bowl.
- Prepare 2 slices of mozzarella cheese.
The author's creamed spinach is an ultra-fine, silky version of this traditional staple, puréed with parsley leaves for a vivid green color and vermouth for a pop of acidity. For the brightest green color, cool the spinach mixture down fully before puréeing, then reheat. Breakfast meets dinner in this pizza that is topped with creamed spinach and a perfectly cooked baked egg. I was actually inspired by one of my favorite breakfasts, Baked Eggs with Creamed Spinach.
Creamed spinach and egg bread bowl instructions
- In a large pan, sauté spinach until cooked and then place in a strainer to drain excess water..
- Melt butter and cook onion untill soft. Whisk flour. Make sure that there are no lumps. Add cream and milk, then stir until thickened..
- Put the spinach in the mixture. Add salt, nutmeg and pepper. Then stir until fully Incorporated..
- Hollow out a sourdough bread bowl, line the hole with mozzarella cheese, then spoon creamed spinach in. Spoon a dip in the middle, then creak a egg in the dip so it doesn't fall out of the bowl..
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 minutes, until the egg is set and the white has solidified..
- Season with salt and pepper..
Recipes » breakfast and brunch » eggs » Eggs with Mustard Creamed Spinach and Crispy Whirl a slice of bread in your food processor until it is a pile of crumbs, toss it with some olive oil and a All you have left now is the assembly: bed of spinach, topped with eggs, sprinkled with mustard crumbs. Spinach gratin made with chopped blanched spinach, mixed with nutmeg infused béchamel, with hard boiled eggs and gruyere cheese. For dad's birthday, one of the dishes we prepared was this spinach gratin with hard boiled eggs dotting the Creamed Spinach Gratin from Ezra Pound Cake. Put the bread crumbs in a separate bowl and the beaten eggs in a third bowl. For serving: Plate each portion with creamed spinach topped with a quail and garnished with the herb mixture.