Carrot and Turnip Soup.
You can have Carrot and Turnip Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot and Turnip Soup
- You need 3 of carrots (400 g).
- Prepare 3 of medium turnips (250-300 g).
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter or olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of caraway seeds (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt, more to taste (leave out using salted or instant broth).
- Prepare 500 ml (2 cups) of vegetable or chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk (optional) to finish.
- It’s of Fresh chopped dill or parsley to garnish.
Carrot and Turnip Soup step by step
- Here are my vegetables to start! Cut the onion thin slices. Scrub your carrots and turnips. You can peel if you like too. Chop the carrots and turnips into bite sized pieces and keep them separate..
- Melt butter in a pot and saute the onions and caraway seeds on low-medium heat until the onions are very soft..
- Add the chopped carrots and 1/2 tsp salt (leave out salt if broth is salted already). Mix and saute the carrots in the butter and onion for about 5 minutes..
- Add enough broth to cover the vegetables. Turn on high and bring to a simmer..
- When it starts to simmer add the turnips and bring to a boil again. Turn to low heat, cover with lid and cook for about 15 minutes until carrots are soft..
- Blend the soup with a stick blender or other kind of mixer. If too thick, adjust thickness by adding a little water or broth. Taste and add more salt if needed. Optionally add a slash of milk (or more) to give it some creaminess..
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped dill or parsley and serve!.