Ginger Carrot Soup. This carrot ginger soup is just that. All you need are carrots, onions, butter, a little ginger, a few strips of orange peel, some stock, water, and salt. The soup comes together in less than an hour.
It's healthy and easy to make, has a creamy smooth texture, and warms you from the inside out. Made from fresh carrots, ginger, onion. More creamy soup recipes I love are Potato Leek Soup, Dad's Cauliflower Soup and Turmeric Roasted Sweet Potato and Macadamia Soup. You can have Ginger Carrot Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ginger Carrot Soup
- Prepare 4-5 of carrots.
- It’s 4 of small (400 g) potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 3 cups of broth or water.
- It’s 1 of thumb fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry thyme or 2 branches fresh.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of butter (or olive oil).
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s to taste of chives, parsley or coriander (optional to garnish).
Carrot and Ginger Soup is light and super healthy with an added benefit of tasting delicious? This soup is made with carrots, celery, ginger, and flavored with mild spices. Colorful and fragrant carrot and ginger soup is a light and soothing soup. It's nutritious and low fat soup with just a touch of sweetness and spice.
Ginger Carrot Soup instructions
- Slice the carrots, cube the potatoes and mince the onion and ginger..
- Saute onions in olive oil or butter until soft. Add the potatoes and carrots and saute them briefly..
- Add the ginger, thyme and enough broth or water to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes until the carrots are soft..
- Once the carrots are soft, puree everything in a blender or food processor (Skip this step if you want a chunky soup). Return to pot and reheat if necessary..
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper. Divide into bowl and garnish with chives and/or parsley..
Vegetarian and vegan with gluten-free option. This Carrot Ginger Soup is velvety smooth and PACKED with healthy ingredients and can be served hot or cold, so it's perfect any time of year! There's a whole pound and a half of carrots in this recipe. Gingered Carrot Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This healthy carrot ginger soup has a velvety smooth texture thanks to the addition of some creamy Knowing that this carrot soup recipe is made with Greek yogurt as the thickener, that it features.