You can have Naan Bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Naan Bread
- You need 5 cups of bread flour (approximate).
- You need 1 cup of hot water (110-125 degrees.
- You need 3 teaspoons of yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 3 tablespoons of buttermilk.
- You need 3 tablespoons of yogurt or sour cream.
- You need of Oil.
Naan Bread instructions
- Whisk sugar, yeast and water in a mixing bowl. Let sit 10 minutes until frothy and bubbly..
- Beat buttermilk, egg, salt and yogurt or sour cream together. Add to yeast mixture. Mix thoroughly..
- Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Dough should be sticky and soft..
- Knead for 6-8 minutes. Place in a well oiled bowl and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let rise at least an hour. I sometimes leave it as long as 8 hours..
- Use well oiled hands to separate dough into balls a little larger than a golf ball. Allow to rise 20 minutes..
- Place ball on plate and stretch it gently with your fingers until dough is flat and thin. Try to keep the thickness even..
- Grill bread around 2 minutes on each side in an oiled skillet or griddle on medium-high heat..
- Store bread in an airtight container once completely cool..