Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup.
You can have Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup
- Prepare 2 kg of Pumpkin.
- It’s 2 medium of potatoes.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- You need 1 1/2 liter of vegetable stock.
- It’s 300 ml of cooking cream.
- Prepare 5 grams of fresh chives.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup step by step
- peel and dice the pumpkin into about 2cm chunks. you should end up with about 1.25 to 1.5kg of diced pumpkin.
- wash and slice the leek.
- peel and dice the potatoes into similar size chunks as the pumpkin.
- peel the 3 cloves of garlic but leave them whole..
- in a large pot or saucepan add the vegetable stock. you can either use ready made stock or 1.5lt of boiling water with the appropriate quantity of stock cubes..
- add the pumpkin, potato, leek, salt, pepper and garlic into the pot with the stock and allow to simmer until all ingredients cooked through and soft. remember to keep stirring every 5 minutes or so..
- while the vegetables are cooking, finely chopped the chives and add half into the pan with the vegetables to allow to cook with them. keep the other half for garnish..
- once the vegetables are cooked use either a stick blender to blend into a liquid or use a blender then transfer back into the pot..
- turn the heat down to low and stir in the cooking cream until mixed through..
- ready to serve. you can use prewarmed bowls if you like and garnish each serving with a little of the remaining chives. always nice to serve with some toasted bread chunks..