Whole wheat bread. Whole wheat bread or wholemeal bread is a type of bread made using flour that is partly or entirely milled from whole or almost-whole wheat grains, see whole-wheat flour and whole grain. It is one kind of brown bread. My crusty, bakery-style, aromatic and yeasty whole wheat bread recipe is must!
Please see my metric chart about the flour. Make sure the egg and oil are at room temperature and be sure to aerate your flour before measuring. Most whole grain or grain and seed breads from the market fall a bit short on the taste factor. You can cook Whole wheat bread using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole wheat bread
- Prepare 2 cups of scald milk.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of shortening.
- Prepare 1 cup of white flour.
- It’s 5 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of molasses.
- It’s 21/2 packs of yeast.
Making whole wheat bread at home isn't hard at all! This recipe uses whole wheat flour and bread flour makes for a really satisfying crumb that holds up well to sandwiches and toast. Sourdough whole wheat bread is a Wonderfully nutritious bread. The long cold rise aids the fermentation of the dough and improves digestibility.
Whole wheat bread instructions
- Combine small amount of the milk and yeast.
- Add salt and molasses and blend.
- Add all the flour.
- What partly mixed add melted shortening.
- Knead till elasticity.
- Cover and let rise 2 hours.
- Knead down and let rise 45 min.
- Knead down let rise 15 minutes.
- Put in loaf pan let rise 1 hour butter top.
- Bake at 400 for 20 min.
- Reduce heat to 350 bake 40 min longer..
If you are not used to eating whole wheat bread after a couple cups of whole wheat flour you will Once the bread is done mixing flour your hands and take the bowl off and pull though dough out on to. This easy recipe for whole wheat bread came to us via an artisan baker in Amsterdam. Whole wheat bread has an unfortunate reputation for turning out heavy and dense at home. It can have a texture that's prone to tearing or crumbling apart, especially when sliced thin for sandwiches. Bonus points if you make it into a mini pizza.